- The capital and main city is Accra
- The official language is English
- Area: 92,500 sq mi (approx. the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 27 million in 2014
- Climate: The country has a tropical climate with a wet and dry season. It is very hot as it is near to the equator.
Fun Fact: Ghana is the world’s second largest producer of Cocoa Beans
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
Publications and Presentations
Published on September 4, 2017
Amadou Diarra and Oyinkan Tasie. 2017. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 70.
Published on August 1, 2017
Godwin Debrah and Thomas Jayne, Chicago, Illinois, August 1, 2017
Published on April 3, 2017
David L. Mather, GISAIA/Tanzania Working Paper #6, April 2017
Testing Alternative Methods of Varietal Identification Using DNA Fingerprinting: Results of Pilot Studies in Ghana and Zambia
Published on October 3, 2016
IDWP 149. Mywish K. Maredia, Byron A. Reyes, Joseph Manu-Aduening, Awere Dankyi, Petan Hamazakaza, Kennedy Muimui, Ismail Rabbi, Peter Kulakow, Elizabeth Parkes, Tahirou Abdoulaye, Enid Katungi, and Bodo Raatz. October 2016
Agricultural Mechanization and South-South Knowledge Exchange: What can Ghanaian and Nigerian policymakers learn from Bangladesh’s experience?
Published on February 2, 2016
Patrick O. Aboagye, Abdullahi Garba Abubakar, Abdulai Iddrisu Adama, Akeem Oyeyemi Lawal, and Aliyu Abdullahi Musa Synthesized by Hiroyuki Takeshima. 2016. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 12.