- The capital and main city is Accra
- The official language is English
- Area: 92,500 sq mi (approx. the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 27 million in 2014
- Climate: The country has a tropical climate with a wet and dry season. It is very hot as it is near to the equator.
Fun Fact: Ghana is the world’s second largest producer of Cocoa Beans
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
Publications and Presentations
Published on September 1, 2015
Co-authored Report Submitted to the Ministry of Food and Agriculture Government of Ghana. 2015. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 3.
Anticipating Africa’s Policy Challenges in the Decade Ahead: Africa’s Changing Farm Structure and Employment Challenge
Published on December 2, 2014
Regional Network of Agricultural Policy Institute (ReNAPRI). 2014. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 4.
Published on April 1, 2014
Thomas S. Jayne, Antony Chapoto, Nicholas Sitko, Milu Muyanga, Charles Nkonde and J. Chamberlin. 2014. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 1.