- The capital and main city is Nairobi. Mombasa is the second largest city.
- The official language is Kiswahili
- Area: 224,081 sq mi (approx. 2x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 49 million in 2017
- Climate: Kenya's climate varies from tropical along the coast to temperate inland to arid in the north and northeast parts of the country
Fun Fact: Kenya shares Lake Victoria, the world’s second largest fresh water lake behind Lake Superior, with Uganda and Tanzania
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
Publications and Presentations
Published on January 1, 1999
IDWP 71. Paul J. Strasberg, T.S. Jayne, Takashi Yamano, James Nyoro, Daniel Karanja, and John Strauss. January 1999. 28 pp.
Final Report--Workshop on Experiences and Options for Priority Setting in NARS, August 12-16, 1996, Nairobi, Kenya
Published on November 2, 1997
IDWP 67. Edited by Julie Howard and Eric Crawford. November 1997. 76 pp.