- The capital and main city is Lilongwe.
- The official language is English
- Area: 45,747 sq mi (approx. 1/2 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 18 million in 2016
- Climate: Malawi has a sub-tropical climate, which is relatively dry and seasonal
Fun Fact: Malawi is home to the third largest lake in Africa, Lake Malawi. It is known to be a "hot spot of biodiversity," with its deep clear waters and varied habitats containing the largest number of fish species of any lake in the world.
Main Research Themes
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on September 25, 2018
F. Kwame Yeboah & Thomas S. Jayne, Keynote Address at the Annual Conference of GIZ’s Green Innovation Centers Cotonou, Benin September 25, 2018
Published on September 6, 2018
Malawi FODS are "an important milestone for the agriculture commercialization objective of the Ministry."