- The capital and main city is Bamako.
- The official language is French
- Area: 478,841 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 15 million in 2009
- Climate: Northern Sahara zone in Mali experiences hot and dry climate whereas the climate of Mali in the subtropical southern part is hot and humid
Fun Fact: The prime meridian marker is located in Gao, Mali, where one can literally stand on the edge of two hemispheres.
MSU and Partners achievements in Mali
Brochure in English
Les réalisations de MSU et ses partenaires au Mali
Pamphlet en français
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on April 3, 2019
Koné, Kergna, Traoré, Keita, Haggblade, Thériault et Smale, 2019. Constats empiriques sur le programme pilote de subvention e-voucher au Mali, FSP Policy Research Brief 83. East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on February 26, 2019
Steven Haggblade, Amadou Diarra, Wayne Jiang, Amidou Assima, Naman Keita, Abdramane Traoré and Mamadou Traoré, 2019. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 76. East Lansing: Michigan State University
Published on February 22, 2019
Smale, M., V. Theriault, and A. Assima, 2018. Fertilizer Subsidy Effects on the Diet Quality of Farm Women in Mali. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 121. East Lansing, Michigan State University.
A Preliminary Assessment of Herbicide Quality in Mali in the Presence of Proliferating Unregistered Brands of Glyphosate
Published on February 1, 2019
Haggblade, Diarra, Assima, Keita and Traoré , 2018 .A Preliminary Assessment of Herbicide Quality in Mali in the Presence of Proliferating Unregistered Brands of Glyphosate. FSP Research Paper 93. East Lansing, Michigan State University.
Published on November 15, 2018
A brochure, in English and in French, tells the story: Institution building, policy reforms, scientist and student trainings. Réalisations de MSU et de ses partenaires au Mali.