- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on September 25, 2018
F. Kwame Yeboah & Thomas S. Jayne, Keynote Address at the Annual Conference of GIZ’s Green Innovation Centers Cotonou, Benin September 25, 2018
Published on September 16, 2018
Ayuba Gona, Gwoni Woji, Sunday Norbert, Hajaru Muhammad, Lenis S. O. Liverpool-Tasie, Thomas Reardon, Ben Belton, 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 115. East Lansing: Michigan State University
Published on September 14, 2018
Lenis Saweda O. Liverpool-Tasie, Awa Sanou and Justice A. Tambo, 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 114. East Lansing: Michigan State University
Published on September 12, 2018
Lenis Liverpool-Tasie, Nikita Saha Turna, Oluwatoyin Ademola Adewale Obadina, Felicia Wu. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 70. East Lansing: Michigan State University. September, 2018.
Published on September 10, 2018
Liverpool-Tasie, Sanou and Tambo, 2018. Climate Change Adaptation among Poultry Farmers: Evidence from Nigeria. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy, Research Brief 68.