- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on March 4, 2018
Udita Sanga, Laura Schmitt Olabisi, Saweda Liverpool-Tasie. 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 97.
Published on March 2, 2018
Sheryl L Hendriks. 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 59.
Published on March 1, 2018
Ben Belton and Saweda Liverpool-Tasie in The Economist, Feb 15, 2018
Published on February 16, 2018
Aflatoxins make their way into numerous locally produced and processed maize based food items.
Are Local Investor Farmers Making Small-Scale Farmers More Productive and Commercialized? Evidence from Nigeria
Published on January 30, 2018
TS Jayne, M. Muyanga, S. Liverpool-Tasie, T. Awokuse, A. B. Aromolaran, Bellville, South Africa, January 30, 2018