- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on May 5, 2019
Onyinye Prince Choko, 2019. Demographic Factors and Nigeria’s Dairy Production for the Year 2015, FSP Research Brief 90, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on May 4, 2019
Balaraba Abubakar Sule, 2019. Curbing Post Harvest Losses: The Plight of Onion Farmers in Nigeria, FSP Research Brief 89, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on April 30, 2019
Chukwudi Charles Olumba, 2019. Agriculture, Land Access and Economic Growth in Africa: An Instrumental Variable Approach, FSP Policy Research Brief 86. East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on April 25, 2019
Hephzibah Onyeje Obekpa, 2019. The Nexus between Malnutrition and Agricultural Subsector Outputs in Nigeria, FSP Research Brief 85, East Lansing: Michigan State University.