- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on March 28, 2019
Hephzibah Onyeje Obekpa, Michael Olabisi, 2019. Nutrition and growing your own food: Dietary Diversity Evidence from North Central Nigeria, FSP Policy Research Brief 82. East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on March 27, 2019
Choko, Schmitt Olabisi, Onyeneke, Nwawulu Chiemela, Liverpool-Tasie and Rivers III, 2019. Community-Scale Climate Adaptation: Evidence from Ebonyi State, Nigeria. FSP Policy Research Brief 81. East Lansing: Michigan State University.
The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns on Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria
Published on February 28, 2019
Hiroyuki Takeshima, 2019. The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns on Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria. FSP Research Paper 127. East Lansing, Michigan State University.