- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on April 25, 2019
Hephzibah Onyeje Obekpa, 2019. The Nexus between Malnutrition and Agricultural Subsector Outputs in Nigeria, FSP Research Brief 85, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on April 12, 2019
Philip Hegarty James, 2019. Farmers' Perception of Causes of Soil Degradation in Northern Taraba, Taraba State of Nigeria, FSP Policy Research Brief 84. East Lansing: Michigan State University.