- The capital is Dodoma and the largest city is Dar es Salaam.
- The official languages are French and Swahili
- Area: 365,756 sq mi (approx. 3x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 56 million in 2016
- Climate: Tanzania’s climate is tropical with coastal areas being hot and humid, while the northwestern highlands are cool and temperate.
Fun fact: Mt Kilimanjaro is located in Tanzania and at 19,341 feet above sea level, it is the highest mountain in Africa.
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on July 1, 2017
Ayala Wineman and Thomas S, Jayne. 2017. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 60.
Published on February 3, 2017
David Tschirley, Benedito Cunguara, Steven Haggblade, Thomas Reardon, and Mayuko Kondo. 2017. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 43.
Published on October 12, 2016
David Mather and Daniel Ndyetabula. 2016. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 34.
Published on December 1, 2014
David Nyange, David Tschirley, Hussein Nassoro, and Abeid Gaspar. 2014. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 1.