- The capital is Dodoma and the largest city is Dar es Salaam.
- The official languages are French and Swahili
- Area: 365,756 sq mi (approx. 3x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 56 million in 2016
- Climate: Tanzania’s climate is tropical with coastal areas being hot and humid, while the northwestern highlands are cool and temperate.
Fun fact: Mt Kilimanjaro is located in Tanzania and at 19,341 feet above sea level, it is the highest mountain in Africa.
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on April 10, 2018
T.S. Jayne and Holger Kray, Seminar at the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of Tanzania, Dodoma, Tanzania, April 10, 2018
Published on April 9, 2018
T.S. Jayne and Holger Kray, Seminar at the Agricultural Working Group Meeting, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, April 9, 2018
Published on April 1, 2018
By ASPIRES Tanzania and Dalberg, April 2018
Published on March 22, 2018
Ayala Wineman and Thomas Jayne, World Bank Land and Poverty Conference, March 22, 2018
Do Farmers Value Seeds of Different Quality Differently? Evidence from Willingness to Pay Experiments in Tanzania and Ghana
Published on March 1, 2018
IDWP 158. Mywish K. Maredia, Robert Shupp, Edward Opoku, Fulgence Mishili, Byron Reyes, Paul Kusolwa, Francis Kusi, and Abdul Kudra. March 2018