CANR Recruitment Events
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) has a number of events from 2020-2021 to help you explore our academic programs and the Spartan experience.
In response to the novel coronavirus, CANR will host a variety of virtual events that will highlight broad themes and individual majors.
Who should attend
Events are open to anyone who wants to explore programs in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources including:
- Future Spartans and parents.
- Admitted MSU students.
- Current MSU students exploring different majors and programs.
CANR College Nights
Within our college, you have a wide range of opportunities to choose from and a variety of academic programs to specialize in grouped in four Areas of Study.
Whether you’re beginning to explore your options for college, getting ready to apply to MSU, or already a student, the CANR College Nights program is designed to help you explore different programs and Spartan experiences.
Each 60-minute College Night event will start at 6:30 p.m. EST and will focus on a specific Area of Study theme. The event will highlight how Spartans studying in the CANR are making a big impact on the world around them.
CANR College Night Schedule
- October 1, 2020 – Agriculture: Plants & Animals
- October 15, 2020 – Built Environments: Construction & Design
- October 29, 2020 – Human Health: Food & Nutrition
- November 12, 2020 – Natural Resources: Sustainable Environments
Each week, you’ll have the opportunity to hear more about individual academic majors from our academic advisors.
At 30-minutes in length, each spotlight will explore an academic major, student experiences and possible career opportunities. Major Spotlights begin at 4:00 p.m. EST.
Major Spotlight Schedule: 2021
- January 14, 2021 – Entomology
- January 21, 2021 – Fisheries & Wildlife
- January 28, 2021 – Packaging
- February 4, 2021 – Sustainable Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- February 9, 2021 – Animal Science
- February 18, 2021 – Food Industry Management
- February 25, 2021 – Biosystems Engineering
- March 4, 2021 – Environmental Economics and Management
- March 18, 2021 – Agribusiness Management
- March 25, 2020 – Crop and Soil Sciences
Major Spotlight Schedule: 2020
- October 1, 2020 – Food Science
- October 8, 2020 – Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources Education
- October 15, 2020 – Forestry
- October 22, 2020 – Nutritional Sciences
- October 29, 2020 – Construction Management
- November 5, 2020 – Dietetics
- November 12, 2020 – Horticulture
- November 19, 2020 – Interior Design/Landscape Architecture
- December 3, 2020 – Environmental Studies & Sustainability