- The capital and main city is Yangon.
- The official language is Burmese
- Area: 261,228 sq mi (approx. 3x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 52 million in 2014
- Climate: Myanmar lies in the monsoon region of Asia, with its coastal regions receiving over 5,000 mm (196.9 in) of rain annually
Fun Fact: Myanmar has the largest book in the world. The book is situated in Kuthodaw pagoda in Mandalay. It has 1460 pages and 730 leaves. Each page is 107cm (3.51 ft) wide, 13cm (5.1 in) thick and 153cm (5.02 ft) tall!
Main Research Themes
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on May 15, 2018
Mateusz Filipski (IFPRI) and Ben Belton (MSU), 2018. Give a Man a Fishpond: Modeling the Impacts of Aquaculture in the Rural Economy, World Development 110 (2018) 205–223
Published on March 20, 2018
Mark W. Rosegrant, NayPyiTaw, Myanmar, March 20, 2018
Published on February 22, 2018
Mateusz Filipski, Ben Belton, Sithu Kyaw, and Eaindra Theint Thu, Yangon, Myanmar, February 22, 2018
Published on January 13, 2018
Research Highlights, Myanmar 13: Aung Tun Oo. 2018.
Published on December 5, 2017
Ben Belton, Melissa Marschke, and Peter Vandergeest, Bandung, Indonesia, December 5, 2017