- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
The Role of the Locations of Public Sector Varietal Development Activities on Agricultural Productivity
Published on February 22, 2019
Hiroyuki Takeshima and Abdullahi Mohammed Nasir, 2019. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 75. East Lansing: Michigan State University
Published on February 16, 2019
Chukwudi Charles Olumba, Jonathan Okechukwu Alimba and Oyinkan Tasie, 2019. Assessing the Factors influencing Access to land for Urban Agriculture in Southeast Nigeria , FSP Policy Research Brief 116.
Published on December 6, 2018
Recommendations for the Nigerian agricultural system to embrace resilience through three principles, in order to feed its population into the future under highly uncertain conditions.
Published on December 4, 2018
T. S. Jayne, M. Muyanga, F.K. Yeboah, A. Aromolaran, A. Chapoto, T. Shonhe, F. Dzanku, N. Mdoe and A. Wineman, APRA Annual Research Review and Planning Workshop University of Ghana, December 4, 2018
Changing Farm Structure and Agricultural Commercialization: Implications for Livelihood Improvements Among Small-Scale Farmers in Nigeria
Published on December 3, 2018
Adebayo B Aromolaran, Milu Muyanga, Thomas Jayne, SawedaLiverpool-Tasie, Titus Awokuse, Elijah Obayelu, Fadlullah.O. Issa, APRA Annual Research Review and Planning Workshop, University of Ghana, December 3, 2018.