- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Use of Modern Inputs and Complementary Farm Practices in the Nigeria Rice Value Chain: Implications for Policy
Published on November 3, 2018
Osayanmon Wellington Osawe, 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 74. East Lansing: Michigan State University
Published on October 17, 2018
Thomas Reardon: This video explains how a convergence of factors is provoking tsunami like rapid changes in the agrifood system of Africa. Keynote lecture for the Nigeria Association of Agricultural Economists, October 17, 2018