- The capital and main city is Lilongwe.
- The official language is English
- Area: 45,747 sq mi (approx. 1/2 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 18 million in 2016
- Climate: Malawi has a sub-tropical climate, which is relatively dry and seasonal
Fun Fact: Malawi is home to the third largest lake in Africa, Lake Malawi. It is known to be a "hot spot of biodiversity," with its deep clear waters and varied habitats containing the largest number of fish species of any lake in the world.
Main Research Themes
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on June 28, 2018
Joseph S. Kanyamuka, Joseph K. Dzanja and Flora J. Nankhuni, 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 65.
Published on June 24, 2018
Christone J. Nyondo, Flora J. Nankhuni and Nathalie Me-Nsope, June 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 64.
Published on June 14, 2018
NAPAS: Malawi published six value chain studies to inform Malawi's policy makers and investors: Cassava, groundnuts, macademia, pigoen pea, potato and tea.
Published on June 13, 2018
Justin P. du Toit, Dr Flora J. Nankhuni and Joseph S. Kanyamuka, Poster at the World Bank 22nd ICABR Conference, Washington DC, USA, June 13, 2018