- The capital and largest city is Kigali.
- The official languages are Kinyarwanda, English, French and Swahili
- Area: 10,169 sq mi (approx. 1/10 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 11 million in 2015
- Climate: Rwanda has a temperate tropical highland climate, with lower temperatures than are typical for equatorial countries due to its high elevation.
Fun fact: Rwanda is only one of three countries in Africa where you can visit Mountain Gorillas in the Wild.
Main Research Themes
- Impact Assessment
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
Publications and Presentations
How Might We Ensure that Producers Are Rewarded for Producing High Quality Coffee through Access to Premium Payments?
Published on May 1, 2016
Backgrounder 1, AGLC Team, May 2016