Fun Learning Links
- Biosecurity – as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- What should you do when bringing home your 4-H project animal
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 1
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 2
- How you can reduce bio-security risks in 4-H projects: Part 3
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 4
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 5
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 6
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 7
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 8
- How you can reduce biosecurity risks in 4-H projects: Part 9
Animal Science Anywhere Lessons
- Biosecurity Activity: Basics of Biosecurity
- Pathogen Activity: What Is a Pathogen?
- Diseases that Animals and Humans Share: The Words You Need to Know
- Building on Biosecurity: Reducing the Risk
- Influenza - Mutation Nation
- One Health - Health for One, One Health for All
- Understanding Disease Outbreaks
Sportsmanship: Good Sports Greeting Cards
- Learn more about school readiness.
- Read The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.
- Show appreciation to your livestock buyers and bidders
Age Level: 8 years and older
- Practice completing a job application
Age Level: 13-19 years
- Learn how to identify and report invasive species through a new online, self-paced course.
Age Level: Teens and older
For parents and caregivers:
4-H Community Service website for lessons and videos:
Service-learning 101: https://www.learningtogive.org/resources/service-learning-101-guide-teachers
Teambuilding virtual activity Back-to-back builder:
(communication, perspective, problem solving, team building) https://www.learningtogive.org/units/urban-edventure-course-westminster-schools/back-back-builder
Video for all age groups: https://mediaspace.msu.edu/media/t/1_du354nd2
Investigation and Planning
Teens – Community Mapping activity: https://www.learningtogive.org/system/tdf/Community%20Mapping%201-19.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=12586&force=
Youth/teens – Get to the Root: https://www.learningtogive.org/resources/get-root
CloverBuds – Service Project: https://www.learningtogive.org/units/growing-group/service-project
Video for all age groups: https://mediaspace.msu.edu/media/LTG+Dec+final/1_mewfadqa
In April, Madison took everyone through a day in the life of a Giant Pacific Octopus. It was so much fun, she led a whole summer's worth of presentations.
Post-program activities: Follow-up the presentation with a visit to our activity pages. They feature games, review sheets, links to live webcams at aquariums, and more! Visit frequently as additional resources and recordings are posted for every program. Some of those review questions (along with questions youth have asked during these programs) will be used in an upcoming TRIVIA contest!
Tune in here anytime to watch LIVE as marine biologists and oceanographers explore the deep sea aboard the Natutilus, a deep sea exploration vehicle https://nautiluslive.org/
What other sharks have scientists found in the deep sea? https://nautiluslive.org/photos-videos?field_topics_target_id=706
Test your shark knowledge with this fun quiz! https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/games/quizzes/quiz-whiz-sharks/
How deep is the ocean and how far down can animal go? https://neal.fun/deep-sea/
Goblin shark swimming 00:15-1:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8TT90LWYaw
Goblin shark feeding 1:00-1:48 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8TT90LWYaw
Additional resources on the featured creatures:
- Sea Turtle
- Fairy Penguin
- Electric Eel
- Blue Whale
- Coral Reefs
- Mantis Shrimp
- Goblin Sharks
Re-Check with Dr. Pol
Check out the link below to see one of our own Isabella County 4-H Seniors, Lucy Ullom, on an episode of Re-Check with Dr. Pol. Lucy’s segment starts at about the 3 minute mark.
Livestock Learning Videos
- Selection & What is the judge looking for
- Showmanship Fundamentals
- Beef Daily Care
- Livestock Nutrition
- Biosecurity at the show and on the farm
- Sheep & Swine Daily Care
- Goat Showmanship & Daily Care
An important part of raising livestock as a 4-H project is knowing how to market your
project animal. Through market animal projects, youth learn valuable life skills in addition to basic animal science care and management. Check out the new resources that are available which includes short information videos. https://bit.ly/MI4Hmarketinglivestock
Biosecurity and Signs of Swine Influenza
Heat Stress and Animal Handling
Preventing and Treating Parasites that Infect Farm Animals
Cattle: RFID Requirements and Bovine TB
Why is it Important to have a Relationships with Your Local Health Department?
Checklist to prepare 4-H animal project facilities for winter weather
Biosecurity—as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Steps to developing a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship
Showmanship 101 for all Species
Meat Marketing and Processing https://www.canr.msu.edu/meat_marketing_processing/resources