Congrats, Class of 2021!
Spartans in the CANR collaborate for the greater good to solve the world's most pressing problems. The Class of 2021 continues that legacy.
We celebrate you! Check out articles and upcoming videos on this website, and connect with us and each other online.
- See and share congrats to the Class of 2021 on the CANR Class of 2021 KudoBoard.
- Share photos in your cap and gown on social media using #MSUGrad21 and #CANRatMSU.
Undergraduate & IAT Commencement Events
- 8-9:30 a.m.: Students in Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics; Animal Science; Plant Soil and Microbial Sciences.
- 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Students in Institute of Agricultural Technology; Entomology; Horticulture; Packaging; Planning, Design and Construction.
- 2-3:30 p.m.: Students in Community Sustainability; Fisheries and Wildlife; Food Science and Human Nutrition; Forestry.
- 4 p.m: Visit the CANR Facebook page to hear a special message from CANR Dean Ron Hendrick and department chairs and directors to undergraduate and Institute of Agricultural Technology students.
Graduate & Doctoral Commencement Events
- 10 a.m.: Students graduating with master's and educational specialist degrees across all colleges.
- 2 p.m.: Students graduating with doctoral degrees across all colleges.
- 4 p.m.: Visit the CANR Facebook page to hear a special message from CANR Dean Ron Hendrick and department chairs and directors to graduate and doctoral students.
2021 CANR Awards
Published on April 5, 2021
Recent grad Ashley Prince studied construction management and helped form the Professional Women Builders student organization while at MSU.
Published on March 25, 2021
Gut is one of 10 faculty being recognized with the prestigious award for dedication and innovation in research, extension and teaching.
Published on March 12, 2021
Karimbhai Maredia, Ph.D., will receive the 2021 CANR Distinguished Faculty Award during ANR Month.
Published on February 16, 2021
Brian Sackett, of Sackett Potatoes, will receive the 2021 CANR Distinguished Service Award during ANR Month.
Published on February 16, 2021
Leonard Savala, III, Ph.D., will receive the 2021 CANR Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alumni Award during ANR Month.
Class of 2021 Highlights
Published on April 13, 2021
Senior Sabrina Maniaci uses her knowledge, skills and opportunities at MSU to prepare for career as a project engineer following graduation.
Published on April 9, 2021
Angela Yuan switched majors to environmental studies and sustainability to better connect with her passion for conservation and water resources protection.
Published on March 26, 2021
Alicia and Ryan Ziegler use their biosystems engineering experiences at MSU to solve real-world problems in food, energy and the environment.
Published on March 16, 2021
Senior Aaron Fahrner accepts employment offer based on internship experiences, interdisciplinary studies at MSU and his background in agriculture.
Published on March 1, 2021
Agricultural operations program through the Institute of Agricultural Technology supports long-term plans to study agribusiness management at MSU.